What's in my camera bag?
I've been asked quite a few times what Camera I shoot with and what lenses I use, so I thought I'd share what's in my camera bag!
I primarily shoot with the Canon 5d Mark III and also use the Canon 6D as my backup camera. These bodies are both full frame and are beautiful cameras to use. I like to always have two cameras at weddings that way I have two different options for focal lengths and it saves time having to switch lenses on and off. Having two bodies at any photo session or wedding is critical as you never know when one camera will stop working for any particular reason.
I recently adopted the Fujifilm XT-10 into my camera family and I am so thrilled with it. I love that it's lightweight, takes phenomenal photos, has a vintage/retro feel, it's super inspiring to shoot with, it can fit in my purse and I can take it anywhere with me. It's so freeing!
Lenses I use:
1) Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art Series ( I rarely take the 35mm and 50mm art series lenses off my camera, they are such beautiful lenses! )
2) Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art Series
3) Canon 135mm 2.0L ( Falling in love with this lens, I love how it pulls the background into the foreground, especially with amazing backdrops - and it's such a powerful lens )
4) Canon 24mm 2.8 ( I generally use this lens for larger group photos, landscapes, wider shots at weddings of the venues, etc )
5) Canon 85mm 1.8 ( Really beautiful portrait lens! )
6) Fujinon 35mm 2.0 and 56mm 1.2 - These two lenses are really impressive and have such a different feel to them.
I also use a Canon Speedlight when needed usually only at Wedding receptions when I don't have available natural light.
A couple of years ago I switched from being a PC lady my whole life to a Macbook and I'm never looking back. Totally fell in love with my Macbook Pro Retina along with the greatest screen to edit on ever, the 27 inch Thunderbolt Display.
It wasn't until I started photographing weddings a few years ago that I was able to start purchasing camera equipment that was amazing quality and an investment. The difference in quality and performance is astounding. Although, I do believe you can create amazing art with any tools you currently have, you just need a vision and and some good ol' passion! :)
Below: Photos taken with the Canon 5d Mark III / Canon 135mm F2.0L - love the depth this lens gives.
Below: Photso taken with the Fuji xt-10, Fujinon 56mm 1.2 & 35mm F2 lenses / Edited in Lightroom with Replichrome Presets
Below: Photos taken with the Canon 5d Mark III / Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art Series lens
Below: Photos taken with the Canon 6d & Canon 5d Mark III / Canon 24mm 2.8 lens
Below: Photos taken with the Canon 6d / Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art Series lens